Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 2... Let's go!

With being jet lag, I went to sleep pretty early the first night, so I was not surprised to find myself wide-eyed and awake by 5:30 this morning. It was so great, because I was able to explore the campus a little more on my own. The sun had not risen and there was a nice morning breeze, so it was quite enjoyable. With the campus so quiet, I was able to enjoy a peaceful time of praying and doing my QT. I think I found a great spot for my mornings to enjoy with just myself and my Lord ^^

For breakfast, Ivana and I visited "cafe #2": Caribou Coffee. This coffee shop is actually in one of the dorm buildings, so we didn't have to walk too far to enjoy a much needed cup of java.

I got myself an iced mocha (I'll have to remember to ask for it "blended" next time, instead of "iced") and a croissant sandwich. I must have been pretty hungry because I devoured that thing ^^

We had orientations all morning. But after that, Ivana and I had the opportunity to explore (aka get lost heehee) the campus perimeters. However, we did manage to find a movie theatre nearby, so we now know the venue of our watching "The Dark Knight Rises" (sssooooo excited for that movie!!!!!). 

During our second orientation of the day, the UC students received their Yonsei International Summer Session IDs. With our new IDs, Ivana and I were able to visit the library. Even though classes have not started, I feel like a student!! 

For dinner, Ivana and I visited another restaurant on-campus:
I actually really enjoyed it. It was small but very cute and for the portion size, the food was so cheap!! My dinner cost me almost half of what my breakfast cost me. It's possible that this place will be a frequent dining facility for me ^^



I don't think I am quite over the jet lag... it's only 9:00 and I feel sooo tired....



No comments:

Post a Comment