Saturday, June 30, 2012

Venturing the Subway System and Shopping!!

With only a couple days left before starting classes, Ivana and I explored different parts of the city via subway. It was my first time riding it! I was quite nervous. With everything moving so quickly, I was afraid I was going to get lost in the hustle and bustle, or possibly miss my stop and end up at the very opposite side of the city. Luckily, Ivana has experience riding and transferring the lines, so we didn't get lost. Now that I've learned to travel using the subway, it will be much easier for me to get around to different places. Can't wait to explore all the different parts of Seoul!



There was so much rain last night/this morning, we just HAD to get rain boots. With the monsoon season upon us, it almost isn't even an option to NOT get rain boots. So, taking the subway, Ivana and I went to 동대문 시장 (Dongdaemun Shopping Center) and bought some rain boots! (There are so many shopping centers there!!)




Look at my new boots!!!! 

At 동대문 there's so much to see and buy. I limited my purchase to the one pair of rain boots, but I am planning on returning, perhaps towards the end of my trip, to do a little bit of shopping ^^

At the top of one of the main shopping center buildings is a movie theatre and a line of restaurants. Ivana and I ate at 봉추찜닭, a delicious chicken place. The food was spicy, but it was soooo good. Ivana and I split a whole chicken together (since on the menu it said that that dish could feed 2 people), only to realize that we would not be able to finish it all in one sitting. So, like good asian children, we sacked it and brought it back with us. We were surprised to see and taste such good food at a restaurant at the top of a shopping center. Next time, we'll have to only order 1/2 a chicken...



Here are some pictures I took from the elevator coming down from the top of the building to the ground level. There's just soo many buildings and so many cars... I felt almost disgusted when looking at all the cars on the street. It was like looking at a group of ants or a flock of pigeons just hanging out at the park...




No comments:

Post a Comment