Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finishing Off My First Day in the Motherland!



No wonder people in Korea are so skinny! With all the walking people do, there is almost no need for extra exercising. After we moved into the dorms, we unpacked, got settled in. Then.....we walked around the campus, inspecting the beautiful Yonsei University.




I think I really enjoyed this campus not only because of the beautiful architecture and the way nature blended with modernism, but also how much the buildings reminded me of Hogwarts!!!



Tran, Ivana, and I were able to explore the U-Plex, a building made up of many floors of shops and eateries. There were so many cute t-shirts, particularly ones with a little cartoon dinosaur or chick printed on bright colored t shirts.
Then came...LUNCH!!! Finally, after a very long morning, we were able to enjoy one of my favorite dishes, 냉면 (cold noodles). Perhaps it was because I was so hungry, or perhaps it's because the portions in Korea are smaller than they are in America, but I felt almost unsatisfied afterwards...


Look who I had the pleasure of meeting in Korea!! Pastor Tim Park!

God always amazes me at how He just makes everything fall into place, exactly where they need to be placed, without my forcing anything or trying too hard. 
It was great catching up, sharing dreams and visions, and eating together in almost 5 years!!

For dinner, we ate 닭갈비 (grilled/marinated chicken). It was some good food. First, they cooked the chicken and the veggies. After we ate our fill of that, the waitress brought out rice and 고추장 (red pepper paste) and made us fried rice. We even got to wear aprons so nothing would spatter on our clothes ^^

After the first day, I am tired and very worn out, but I am so grateful to have been able to experience THIS MUCH in just the span of a day. As I look forward to the rest of the 2 months, I can't help but feel that one rule I am trying to live by plays so well into this: Be prepared for what is to come, but don't expect to know every outcome. Be courageous about facing the unknown and enjoy the outcomes of spontaneity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment