Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Day in the Mother Country!

Hello and welcome to "Adventures of a Korean Girl"!!!
I'm very excited to start this blog, writing about the daily adventures in the mother country, about fun interactions, delicious foods, and gorgeous places that I will have the pleasure of experiencing over the next 2 months. 

Tran, Ivana, and I (UCSD Alumni!!) arrived in the wee hours of the morning. We were confused for about a second as to what bus to take to get from Incheon to Seoul, but luckily Tran had all the information needed. We had a peaceful bus ride into Seoul, which took about 40 minutes, much less than I had anticipated. The weather was so nice this morning. Although I could feel the humidity and stickiness, it was relatively cloudy and cool. So grateful for the nice weather! I'm sure if the weather was any worse, I would have been cranky all day long.

When we got off at our bus stop, Tran, Ivana, and I stopped by this quaint coffee/sandwich shop and enjoyed a delicious breakfast. I had a chicken/bulgogi (치킨.불고기) sandwich and an Ice Mocha. While the food tasted good, I think the thing that really made this shop special was the setup and the overall "vibe" of the shop. It is quite cute, something you would expect to see in a Korean drama scene. I'm looking forward to more coffee shops and more delicious food in the weeks to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment