Monday, July 2, 2012

Meet and Greet with a whole lot of Meat!!

Today, I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of people. It was nice, getting out of the comfort zone of just me, Ivana, and Tran. (Thanks Tran for introducing all of us!! ^^)

For lunch, we went out for some Korean BBQ. I was a little shocked at the proportions here in Korea; they are sooo much smaller here than in America. I'm thinking, with the price of all the food so high, I will either spend A LOT of money on food, OR I will end up losing some weight by eating less food (let's hope it's the latter ^^).


After lunch, our new friends led us around 이대, the area around 이화여자대학교 (Ewha Womans University). We walked through lots of alleyways that had small stores with lots of cute stuff, like lacy and pastel clothing, headbands, shoes, etc, mostly for girls. This makes sense since it is in the area of the Womans University.
Did Edward get it??

He got it!!!


I would be so scared to have to park my car in a place like this....


Did anyone watch 옥탑방 왕세자?? ^^


Afterwards, we had an adventure through the school. There was a portion of the school which I just adored! There was actually a building IN A HILL! (or maybe it's under the hill...) There were actually 2 buildings in hills, which happened to be right next to one another. Between the 2 hills was a very long, deep stairway. I honestly couldn't help but think of Lord of the Rings. It seemed like a blend of the Shire (where the hobbits live in hills) and a scene when the Fellowship is in Moria (the underground caves/mines of the Dwarves). This just made me want to watch the trilogy again...I also can't wait for "The Hobbit" this December!
It's the Shire and Moria combined!!!! 






Funny enough, with a new set of new people, we went out for dinner, to another Korean BBQ place! (Hopefully my title makes a little more sense now... kind of sad that I have to explain my humor T.T)

After dinner, some of us went to get some gelato while others went to get some shaved ice. The shaved ice place must be really good. Both times we saw the place today, there was a long line of people wrapping around the corner, waiting to get inside for shaved ice. I must remember to try it, seeing as how popular that place is.
I had green tea gelato... and it was sooo yummy!!! Again, the portions were small, but that will help me in the long run, I think.... T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment