Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Places, Old Faces ^^

On Sunday, a bunch of us headed out for a late dinner 무봤나 촌닭, a delicious chicken place. 


We got boneless (mild) spicy chicken and boneless fried chicken. Many of us were craving some Americanized fried foods, so this worked out perfectly ^^ and with the helpful hint from Ivana, we were able to enjoy our food without worrying about bones.
The food was great, but the one turn-off of this place is that people can actually smoke in the restaurant. Having to smell cigarette smoke while enjoying our meal was not pleasant. Still, I guess the food made up for it.

Today, I had the opportunity to meet up with Jennifer, whom I haven't seen in a really long time, almost 6 months! It was great hearing about what was going on in her life and how she was enjoying Korea (with the exception of Korean weather ^^). 
She refused to let me take a picture of her beautiful face T.T

We went to TomnToms, a coffee shop chain. They're seriously all over the place. Maybe it's just the city that I'm in, but I think I'm seeing more TomnToms than I am seeing Dunkin' Donuts. I ordered a green tea tomnccino, hoping to satisfy my craving for something green tea flavored. However, this was too strong for my taste. There seemed to be way too much matcha powder. Maybe that's the way Korean like it... I'm not too sure...


 We also got Honey Bread. The bread itself is crunchy on the outside, but oh so soft on the inside ^^ Then there's caramel, honey, and cinnamon powder spread over the bread, and a final touch of whipped cream. It was sssoooo good.

Afterwards, Jennifer and I headed to find a 노래방 (NRB, karaoke place). We found one and were only planning on staying for an hour. But we kept on getting extra minutes! Paying just W15,000, we were able to enjoy 2 1/2 hours of singing! That was pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment