Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shaved Ice, Donuts, and Hip Hop!

Yesterday, I met up with Jackie 언니. I haven't seen her in over a year, so it was great to catch up with her. She took me to 명동 (Myeongdong), a very touristy area and a big shopping district. While walking through the streets, it was actually very rare to hear Korean being spoken. There were very many tourists. Even the shop owners spoke in other languages to lure in foreign customers.

Jackie 언니 took me to 별다방미스리, a cute little cafe. (Actually, it wasn't all that little. It had 3 floors!)
All the walls and even the ceilings were covered in these papers, where people could write notes or draw and hang them up. 

This place is known for childhood lunch boxes that kids would take to school. However, the weather yesterday was super hot and I wanted something cold, so 언니 bought me 빙수 ^^ 


Me and Ms. Lee ^^

 Afterwards, we went to Hara Donuts. This place is unique in that they soy to make the donuts. They definitely tasted different, less sweet compared to American donuts, but still very greasy.




Later, I ventured off with Michael to a dance studio in 성동구 (Seongdong-gu). It was a lot of fun, but very tiring. I haven't moved like that in months; my legs have been so sore all day today. 
If I'm less sore tomorrow, and if the weather will permit, maybe I'll go again tomorrow ^^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment